RTW - Author Career

This week's topic: What author's career would you love to emulate?

This was a really, really tough one for me. Every author had to go through a lot to get to where they are today. Even if their journey started out smooth, it didn't stay that way. I think it would be easier to choose an author who's career I wouldn't want to emulate than choose one I would want to.

But if I had to choose one, I think it would be Lisa McMann. Or Anna Sewell. Or Suzanne Collins. Or S.E. Hinton. See, I told you this would be hard. So why those authors?

Lisa McMann and Suzanne Collins because they're amazing YA writers.

Anna Sewell because she saw a problem and wanted to fix it. Hence Black Beauty.

S.E. Hinton because her work is still being read today. She was 16 when she wrote The Outsiders. It was something new to the time period. But to me, it was the start of Young Adult literature.

I wouldn't really want to emulate any writer's career. I think I'd rather make my own ideas, travel through my own journey, enjoy my own triumphs, and mourn my own pitfalls. Because that's what this is all about.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week in Short

Hamilton

To All the Bookstores I've Loved Before