Rolling Stones

No, I'm not talking about the band.

I'm talking about the saying.

"A rolling stone gathers no moss."

I have no idea what that's supposed to mean, but to me it means a person that's living life isn't going to get bogged down by their worries and lost dreams because they're living it.

What does this have to do with writing?

A moving plot will keep the reader reading. If the plot slows down too much, the reader might start thinking 'I really need to do that laundry. The kids are complaining about dinner not being ready. I have homework to do. I have a dentist's appointment in the morning, I should probably get to bed.' Those thoughts = the moss. The moss = bad.

So if you keep the action of the story moving, it will keep the reader's attention and he or she will keep reading.

Did that makes sense?

No? Sorry, I didn't sleep at all Saturday night and I barely slept on Sunday so I'm still trying to keep up. It's not helping my coherence at all.

Though I'm writing more than ever. Strange.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week in Short

Hamilton

To All the Bookstores I've Loved Before