RTW -- Bits of Inspiration

Road Trip Wednesday is a ‘Blog Carnival,’ where YA Highway's contributors post a weekly writing- or reading-related question that begs to be answered. In the comments, you can hop from destination to destination and get everybody's unique take on the topic.


This week's topic: 
Share your most inspiring and/or motivational video, book, or quote on writing!

I love quotes and I have a whole collection of them. I started going through them looking for something to do this post and then I ended up not being able to decide which one I liked best. So here are a few of my favorites: 

It is impossible to live without failing at something, unless you live so cautiously that you might has well not have lived at all, in which case you have failed by default. ~ J.K. Rowling

I would like to be remembered as someone who did the best she could with the talent she had. ~ J.K. Rowling

“’What’ and ‘if’ are as non-threatening as two words can be. But put them together and they have the power to haunt you for the rest of your life.” ~ Letters to Juliet

“Write while the heat is in you. The writer who postpones the recording of his thoughts uses an iron which has cooled to burn a hole with. He cannot inflame the minds of his audience.” ~ Henry David Thoreau

“Sit down and put down everything that comes into your head and then you’re a writer. But an author is one who can judge his own stuff’s worth, without pity, and destroy most of it.” ~ Sidonie Gabriel

“A professional writer is an amateur who didn’t quit.” ~ Richard Bach

“Want to know a secret? No one is ever ready. That’s why they call it a ‘leap.’ And if you wait until you’re ready, you’ll wait forever.” ~ My Girlfriend’s Boyfriend

“Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.” ~ Unknown

“Every great wizard in history has started out as nothing more then what we are now: students. If they can do it, why not us?” – Order of the Phoenix

Comments

Samantha said…
I'm the same, I LOVE quotes and these ones are no exception. I need to write these all down! Great post :)
Jaime Morrow said…
I love good quotes, and you've got a great bunch here. :) I especially love the J. K. Rowling ones.
I especially like the Thoreau quote:)

Here's mine.
I like the Letters to Juliet one, except I think the phrase "what if" is tremendously exciting in any kind of creative endeavor. When I direct it begins pretty much every sentence out of my mouth: "What if Puck never stands still? What if Malvolio is a little unhinged the whole time?" And my "writing thoughts" document for jotting down ideas is LITTERED with "what if". So it can go both ways--not just "what if I had..." but "what if I try..."

Popular posts from this blog

Week in Short

Hamilton

To All the Bookstores I've Loved Before