RTW: Best Book of October

Road Trip Wednesday is a ‘Blog Carnival,’ where YA Highway's contributors post a weekly writing- or reading-related question that begs to be answered. In the comments, you can hop from destination to destination and get everybody's unique take on the topic. 

 This week's topic: 
What's the best book you read in October?

I thought about just skipping RTW, but I'm kind of hoping that this confession encourages me to actually start reading. 

I have a confession to make: I didn't finish a single book for fun in October. It's been a very crazy month all around and reading just hasn't been in the cards. Instead, I think I'll talk about the books that I started reading but haven't yet finished...

A Clash of Kings by George R. R. Martin
This looks to be promising a very epic second installment to the series (yes, I am very behind) and I'm really excited about it. I only stopped reading because of the arrival of:  

The Casual Vacancy by J.K. Rowling 
I've been trying to read this book since it arrived at the beginning of the month. I am honestly enjoying it but it's a book that takes a lot of thought and concentration to read. It's not a very good pick for when I'm trying to read for a few minutes between classes. I'm thinking about putting it down until Christmas break when I have more time to devote towards it. 
I'm really hoping this month is better. How did everyone else fare when it came to reading in October?

Comments

Samantha said…
It's okay, I had a crappy reading October as well. Interesting what you say about The Casual Vacancy.... I want to read it but I'm not motivated enough yet. I know it's somewhat heavy and dark so I'll need to be in the right frame of mind
Jaime Morrow said…
I've had crappy reading months in the very recent past too. It happens to all of us. :) October just happened to be a good reading month for me, so it was hard to choose between books for this RTW.

My husband keeps telling me I should read George R. R. Martin's books. We watch GAME OF THRONES together, but I'm not sure I'm ready to take on such a hefty series right now. :)
Juliana Haygert said…
Those two books don't appeal to me.
The R.R. Martin one because, though I love fantasy, I think I'll hate too many POVs ... and they are a tad too long!
The J.K. Rowling one because I don't want to ruin her perfect image in my mind lol I know this book is way different than Harry Potter and shouldn't be compared but it's hard not to expect another brilliant master piece from her. And, since I hate being disappointed, I'm leaving it alone for now.
Anonymous said…
My reading's been so slow as well. Real life just needs to be focused on more now and again. :)

I started reading Game of Thrones before but couldn't get into it. I'll definitely try again in the future. I loved the first series.
Colin Smith said…
My October wasn't a great reading month, though I did manage to get through a few books. I usually get through at least five or six books per month, sometimes I do better, sometimes worse. Don't sweat it, Rachael! :)

I've read THE CASUAL VACANCY, and have mixed feelings about it (my review's on my blog). As for GAME OF THRONES, I plan to read it soon. It's actually on my autumn reading list, but with NaNo this month, I'd be surprised if I get to it soon. In fact, I'll be surprised if I get a lot of reading done this month at all! :)
Valia Lind said…
I haven't ready either of those books just because they are such heavy involved reads. With NaNo here, I'm trying to read books that wont take me ages to finish! lol

http://wordsareinnermusic.blogspot.com/2012/11/road-trip-wednesday-best-book-of-october.html

Popular posts from this blog

Week in Short

Hamilton

To All the Bookstores I've Loved Before