NaNo Week One Update

Word Count Total: 7,492 words
Day 1: 4,180 words
Day 2: 1,304 words
Day 3: 2,008 words
Day 4:       0 words

Tweets from This Week: 
Wrote almost 500 words at breakfast! I was planning to write at lunch but then I remembered I have a lab report due tomorrow...

I need to get one of those screensavers like #Castle has that says "You should be writing" scrolling across the screen…

It's really frustrating when my killer can't decide who to target next. #NaNo #murdermystery

Time to watch the end of Avengers and write. Word count today is 0 and that needs to change.

I'm to the point in my #NaNo where I'm staring at the screen asking "What happens next?"

Tips: 

1. Write whenever you can, wherever you can. Even if it's just for a few minutes, just get the words down.

2. If your target word count for the day is too daunting, write in short sprints. My target for each day is 2,000 words so when I'm struggling I do sprints of 250 words. Breaking the larger goal into smaller ones makes it more manageable.

3. Join in word wars with friends. Mutual support can really help motivation.

4. Give yourself permission to have an "off day." It's okay not to hit your target once in awhile. Don't beat yourself up over it and don't tell pressure yourself to "make up for it" the next day. Just write as much as you can and keep on trucking.

If you're participating, how are things going?

Comments

Ash said…
I had my first off day yesterday. I had planned on having a writing session last night to meet my quota [I try to write 5K every day] and then I got caught up in the election insanity and barely managed to get the minimum word count out before midnight. It sucks but I'm trying to convince myself that its okay, I'm ahead anyway I can just really kick butt today since I have it off.

Popular posts from this blog

Week in Short

Hamilton

To All the Bookstores I've Loved Before