RTW - Balancing Writing with the Holidays

Road Trip Wednesday is a ‘Blog Carnival,’ where YA Highway's contributors post a weekly writing- or reading-related question that begs to be answered. In the comments, you can hop from destination to destination and get everybody's unique take on the topic.

This Week's Topic is:  
With Thanksgiving on the horizon we want to know how you balance hectic times like the holidays with your writing schedule.

I'm probably not the best person to be answering this question because I haven't written in three days (combination of getting everything ready to come home for break and stress). However, I'm hoping to go on a huge writing spree while I'm home so I can get ahead on NaNo (I'm behind right now) because the last week of November is the second-to-last week before finals (YIKES!). 

My biggest advice for writing during hectic times is write in your down-time. Even if you can only write 250 words at a time, those words add up a lot over time. And just a little bit of progress is better than none at all.

Don't make yourself feel guilty if you can't get a writing session in. If you don't write well under pressure, don't tell yourself that you have to write twice as much the next day because you didn't hit your target. Find the right balance between spending time with family and writing. 

Happy Thanksgiving!  

Comments

laboyden said…
I fell behind last week during school too. My thanksgiving break is a week this year and I'm writing like a mad woman. I'm sure you'll catch up.
Thanks for sharing :D
Valia Lind said…
I agree with writing as much as you can in your downtime. And not feeling guilty.
Have a great catching up time and Happy thanksgiving!

Popular posts from this blog

Week in Short

Hamilton

To All the Bookstores I've Loved Before