Week in Short

The Olympics start today! I'm pretty excited. Although, the only events I follow are the equestrian ones. Now that I'm caught up with Downton Abbey and I'm still waiting for the new season of White Collar to come to Netflix, I picked up a new addiction over the last week. Roswell. I love it so much.

In other news, this is the last Week in Short for a couple weeks as I'm going to visit some family and I've decided to spend that time (mostly) disconnected. I'm working on scheduling posts so the blog won't be dark and silent while I'm gone.


Song of the Week: "Blown Away" by Carrie Underwood

Must read:  
Adventures in Agentland: Why do I need an agent?
Pub Rants (by Roni Loren): Bloggers beware: You CAN be sued

Between Fact and Fiction: 
Don't be difficult


Blood Red Pencil:
The art of book design

Kidlit:
Writing adaptations 

Nathan Bransford:
Violence in American culture

Pub Rants:
A pitch is a pitch and a query is a query

Pub(lishing) Crawl:
On writing diversity
Too edgy for teens? Not likely

Rachelle Gardner:
How does your publisher make money?

YAHighway: 
Writing horror: nailing the atmosphere
Trimming the fat from your manuscript

Video of the Week:
If you haven't discovered the awesomeness that is the Lizzie Bennet diaries, this week's video of the week is the very first episode.


Have a great weekend and I'll see you on Monday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week in Short

Hamilton

To All the Bookstores I've Loved Before