OUReadathon: Day 3

It's the final stretch of the OUReadathon! I didn't finish any books yesterday so I'm hoping to get a ton of reading done today.

9:42am: Thought about pulling an all-nighter last night with White Cat but I decided against it and stopped around one-thirty. I should've kept going anyway. Woke up around nine from a dream that I was like a cross between Covert Affairs (Auggie was there, we were fake-married as part of my cover) and Hunger Games. I'm now 45% through WC and absolutely loving everything about it!

11:23am: I made the mistake of taking a "short" Internet break. Then I found out that the first few chapters of Chamber of Secrets are now open on Pottermore. It might be a little bit before I get back on track... *pounces on Pottermore*

12:51pm: Compromised by reading while I waited for each new chapter on Pottermore to load. LOVE! Then I participated in Road Trip Wednesday. As soon as I finish lunch, it's back to reading!

1:50pm: MINI-CHALLENGE!

The Reader Bee is hosting a mini-challenge today and wants to know: What is your most anticipated book in 2012? I'm finding it impossible to decide so I'm going to divide it into four categories...

Already came out: INSURGENT by Veronica Roth
No contest on that category. It was torture waiting for it to arrive in my mailbox and worth every minute.

August: EVERY DAY by David Levithan
Levithan's writing is beautiful and I haven't read a book of his yet that I haven't loved. The premise of this one sounds so original and great that I can't WAIT to get my hands on it.

September: THE CASUAL VACANCY by J.K. Rowling
This book doesn't sound like something I would normally read, but it's Rowling so there's absolutely no way I'm going to pass it up. 

October: SON by Lois Lowry
This was a really tough decision because there are a lot of great books coming out that month. I actually screamed when I found out there was going to be a fourth book in The Giver trilogy.

3:47pm: Third book of the readathon COMPLETE! Just finished White Cat by Holly Black. I wish I hadn't chosen it for the read-a-thon because I think it's one of those books that's better absorbed gradually over a few days rather than devoured whole. Still, it was definitely a great book and I can't wait to get my hands on the rest of the series.

5:53pm: Took some time of reading to catch up on Internet things (and write a couple blog posts). I picked I Know It's Over ask my last book of the read-a-thon and now it's time to get started!

8:19pm: 30%! Going to take a break to watch the Covert Affairs premiere that I missed last night. I'm really anxious to see what happened!

Comments

Alyssa said…
This read-a-thon thing sounds like fun.. I wish I could've heard it about it sooner! Have fun getting through your books...

Also... Chamber of Secrets is up on Pottermore?? Eek!! :D

Popular posts from this blog

Week in Short

Hamilton

To All the Bookstores I've Loved Before