RTW - Fictional Regenerations -- I mean, Reincarnations

Road Trip Wednesday is a ‘Blog Carnival,’ where YA Highway's contributors post a weekly writing- or reading-related question that begs to be answered. In the comments, you can hop from destination to destination and get everybody's unique take on the topic.

This Week's Topic:
If you could be reincarnated as any fictional character, which would it be?

This was kind of tricky because even though I have characters that I absolutely adore, I wouldn't want to actually be them.


First and foremost, I would want to be Hermione. She's always been my favorite Harry Potter character and I've always related the most to her (all the way down to the bushy brown hair and the bucked teeth). She's strong and a great friend and loves books and isn't afraid to show how smart she is.


I also wouldn't mind being reincarnated as Christina from the Thoroughbreds series. She lives on a racehorse farm; rides her own racehorse, Star; and has the most amazing, horse-loving, eventing rider boyfriend, Parker. She's also kind and knows exactly what she wants.

Finally, switching to TV fictional characters this time, there's Kaylee from Firefly. I love Kaylee. She's not afraid to be who she is. As Serenity's mechanic, she's very much a tomboy but she also has a girly side. She's also very sweet and is loved by the very adorable doctor, Simon.

Comments

Rachel said…
Great choices...I love Hermione and Kaylee! I would also I think like to be Amelia Pond as well.
Great choices! I love Kaylee.
Jaime Morrow said…
I especially love Hermione and Kaylee (Firefly FTW!). Great answers. :)
Unknown said…
Funny, generation is also the topic of my RTW today! I like your choices. Kaylee is such a fun character and of course I love Hermione. Haven't read the Thoroughbred series, though.

I bit off a bit more than I could probably chew with my pick today, but still I'd like to take a shot at it.
laboyden said…
Hermione is and awesome choice though. I haven't read the Thoroughbreds series but I'll check it out. I'm probably the word Joss Whedon fan ever for not seeing Firefly. Great post, thanks for sharing.
prerna pickett said…
all great choices! Hermoine would be pretty fun, I'd love to learn some awesome spells.
Hermione is popular today! I didn't choose her, though she is a fab choice, but I was actually called Hermione for a time when I was younger. Same obsession with good grades and frizzy, curly hair ;)
LM Preston said…
Sabrina. I'd like to have magical powers that only require a twitch of my nose.
Colin Smith said…
Hermione goes through her share of trouble, too... but it might be worth it to be such a cool character. :)
Kaylee's such a fun choice! Just got my hubby some Serenity graphic novels for his birthday and there's some steaminess between Simon and Kaylee on those pages . . .
E.Maree said…
Such good choices! Hermione and Kaylee. <3 Hermione was my favourite right through the series (though Azkaban made my younger self convinced Harry and Hermione were going to get together, because ROMANTIC HIPPOGRIFF RIDES, and I grew up slightly disappointed ;P)

I did a little cheer every time the Firefly crew were sweet towards Kaylee. Especially the episode when Mal denies her a dress, the crew call him out for being a jerk, and Mal has to make amends. That episode was wonderful and so so brilliantly done.
VikLit said…
Hermione and Kaylee are both fab choices!

Popular posts from this blog

Week in Short

Hamilton

To All the Bookstores I've Loved Before