What's Up Wednesday - January 7, 2015

What's Up Wednesday is a weekly blog hop created by Jaime Morrow and Erin Funk to help writers stay in touch. First Wednesday of the new year! It's been over a month since I've participated and I can't believe I let the time slip by like that.


What I'm Reading: 
I finished Cinder by Marissa Meyer a few days ago. I'm very late to the party on that one, but it's a fantastic book and I'm looking forward to getting my hands on the next installment. Full review will be up on Friday. Next up is The Boy on the Bridge by Natalie Standiford.

What I'm Writing: 
Getting Weredragon ready to get back out there with queries. I gave it a skim and decided that I'm not quite ready to give up on it yet. My goal is to get my synopses and query agent-ready so that by this time next week I can start querying.

What Works for Me: 
Being busy. Quite honestly, I was hoping to get a lot done over my winter break. I figured that without school I'd have tons of free time to get all the things done. But with the holidays and so many people to see, I didn't have as much free time as I expected. I'm actually looking forward to the new semester starting, because having to balance class and work and homework really helps me to prioritize and work out a schedule to get everything done.

What Else I'm Up To:
Like I said, the new semester is starting up soon, next week actually. This will be my last as I'm graduating in May. I'm really excited about going back, though it is a bit bittersweet that this is for the last time.

Have a great week, everyone!

Comments

Miss Cole said…
Good luck querying! :D And I hope this final semester is a very successful one for you.

Happy New Year!
smile4niki said…
I LOVE the Lunar Chronicles! Can't wait for the next one!
ELAdams said…
Best of luck preparing to query! I love the Lunar Chronicles series, too.
Kris F. Oliver said…
Good luck in the query trenches! I think you should buy yourself a prize.

Have a great week!

Popular posts from this blog

Week in Short

Hamilton

To All the Bookstores I've Loved Before