Random Things I Miss About Home

There are some things that you don't realize you miss about home either A) You're back at home, or B) You're on campus and realize how much you miss it. Friends and family are a given, so here are a few random things that I always miss about home.

1. My pets. The lack of animal companionship is one of the things that I hate most about living in the dorms. I mean, sure, you can have a fish, but you can't snuggle up in bed to a fish.

2. The ability to lock my bathroom door

3. Actual food

4. Being able to retreat into my bedroom and avoid everyone if I want to. I'm a major introvert, so the fact that I have to be around people all the time without any real means of escape can be exhausting, no matter how much I love my friends.

5. Being able to listen to music in the shower

6. Long showers without having to worry about someone walking in

7. Not having to worry about loud or drunk neighbors (Though, I suppose this could be a problem at home depending on where you live.) 

8. The smell of smoke from burning wood and leaf piles. I live in the country, so in autumn this smell tends to be everywhere. I'm not sure why I love it so much, but I do.

9. Video games

10. Having access to all my books all the time

If you're at college, what are some things that you miss about home?

Comments

Laura said…
I do miss my pets a lot. There are days when I'm just like, "I NEED A CAT RIGHT NOW!!!"

And, what?! You can't lock your bathroom door?!? That's awful!! You should complain to maintenance or the campus; they might install locks because jeez, privacy.

Some of these other ones can be avoided, though. You can retreat to the library to be alone, or play music in the shower without worrying about what other people will think. But yeah, it can be tough sometimes.

I miss my Skyrim the most. LOL.

Popular posts from this blog

Week in Short

Hamilton

To All the Bookstores I've Loved Before