Songs That Mean the World

Every once in awhile, a song comes along that impacts your life. A song that takes you back to another time and place. A song that makes you shiver or gives you goosebumps or makes you cry.

The biggest song for me is "Cat's in the Cradle" by Harry Chapin. It's an old song and my mom always used to sing it to me when I was young. The older I get, the more I find it relates to my life. Looking up that song and listening to it has made me think about other songs that have impacted my life.

"Honey, I'm Home" by Shania Twain is the first song I remember being my favorite. My dad had a Shania Twain CD and I'd sing along while he'd play it. This is the only song from the CD that I can still remember. 


I remember the exact moment when I saw "Concrete Angel" by Martina McBride's music video for the first time. I heard it playing on the TV and I walked out into the living room from the bedroom, sat on the couch, and watched it. I can't watch this video without crying.

"Back at One" by Brian McKnight was my first ever slow-dance. It was junior year with a boy that ran with the same circle of friends that I did. He was a real sweetheart and I had a secret crush on him for awhile after that. I found out after we graduated that he didn't think any girl would ever want to seriously date him.

"Don't Wanna Miss a Thing" by Aerosmith was my first boyfriend and I's song. It was playing the first time we slow-danced. Every time I hear it, it brings me back to those days of my senior year.

What songs have special meanings for you?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week in Short

Hamilton

To All the Bookstores I've Loved Before