CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

RTW -- Writing Retreat

Road Trip Wednesday is a ‘Blog Carnival,’ where YA Highway's contributors post a weekly writing- or reading-related question that begs to be answered. In the comments, you can hop from destination to destination and get everybody's unique take on the topic.


This Week's Topic: 
If you could go on a writing retreat anywhere, where would you go & who would you bring?
 

This is a tough one! Normally I would just go straight-out and say "England" but I can't imagine I would actually get much writing done there... I think I'll say Sweden. Somewhere beautiful, but a little bit isolated so I don't get too distracted. Where exactly, I'm not sure. I would bring all my friends from AW (*waves* Hi, guys!) because I think that would be amazing and hilarious and we'd make sure to keep each other on track while still having a ton of fun. 

As for inspiring authors, I think I'd like to borrow John Green and Tamora Pierce for awhile. And J.K. Rowling, too. After all, why not? I've always had questions I've wanted to ask her... 

8 comments:

Jaime Morrow said...

Sweden would be pretty great, but since I've never been I'd probably end up wandering and exploring. :)

Colin Smith said...

I've always wanted to visit Scandinavia--Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Iceland, Finland... doesn't matter. I'd need somewhere warm to write, though. :)

GSMarlene said...

The people of Sweden are wonderful and it is beautiful.

And you have a beautiful blog page!

Katharina Brendel said...

Having Tamora Pierce there to bounce off ideas about my current WIP would be incredible!

Gracie said...

I think if I brought someone like JK Rowling along, then I would either be too intimidated or too busy asking her questions to actually get any writing done! :)

VikLit said...

Sweden is a great choice! :)

Miss Cole said...

Sweden does sound nice!

Swing by England! I'll put the kettle on and make sure there's a cup of tea waiting for you ;)

Elodie said...

John Green will be a busy man :D A lot of writers are taking him on their retreats :D
Sweden sounds like a good place to go undisturbed and surrounding by beautiful nature!