RTW -- Best Book of May

Road Trip Wednesday is a ‘Blog Carnival,’ where YA Highway's contributors post a weekly writing- or reading-related question that begs to be answered. In the comments, you can hop from destination to destination and get everybody's unique take on the topic.

This Week's Topic: 
What was the best book you read in May?

This month's best book was hands down, no contest... (Don't worry, no spoilers!)

Insurgent
by Veronica Roth
Divergent #2
 
I've been excitedly waiting for this book since I read Divergent and I can say that it did not disappoint! Even my mom, who knows firsthand how fast I can read, was surprised when I devoured it in nine hours. There were points when I actually wanted to stop reading because I didn't want the book to be over that fast, but I couldn't stop turning the pages. It took forever for me to be ready to read something else because I couldn't stop thinking about it. I can't wait for D3!

Comments

Colin Smith said…
"There were points when I actually wanted to stop reading because I didn't want the book to be over that fast, but I couldn't stop turning the pages."

I know that feeling well, Rachael, and had it more than once this past month! What an awesome job Veronica did with this sequel. I too am eagerly waiting for the final (*sniff*) book in the series, codenamed "Detergent." :)
While I enjoyed INSURGENT - I have to admit, I loved DIVERGENT much more! There just wasn't enough Tris and Four for me in the second book and I found I really missed the Dauntless compound and the training. Still, it was a great read and I'm definitely looking forward to the third book, which Ms. Roth is calling DETERGENT for now! :)

I had three great reads for May - the GRACELING series by Kristin Cashore. Excellent books and so glad I was late to the ball in reading these (in order to read back-to-back!).
Anonymous said…
I've been a slow reader in the past but I just couldn't put Divergent and Insurgent down. I read them back and back and I think I got through them in a week. I just wanted to keep reading on and on...

And then I got to the end of Insurgent. God! What a cliffhanger. So looking forward to the final book. I'll be counting down!
Crystal said…
INSURGENT certainly came out on top for May book-of-the-month, huh? Nice pick!
Laurie Dennison said…
Yep, I think I read it in close to 9 hours, too. I could not make myself put it down. Looks like it is #1 for May on YA Highway!
I love that feeling when a book is so good you want to stop reading it, just to make it last a little longer - but of course, that's impossible :)

Popular posts from this blog

Week in Short

Hamilton

To All the Bookstores I've Loved Before