Week in Short

I hope everyone had a WONDERFUL Thanksgiving! For those of you who live outside the U.S., I hope you had a wonderful Thursday. :) Hope everyone is staying safe and having a fun time shopping on this Black Friday.

Song of the week: Just The Way You Are -- Glee cast. This week's episode of Glee = MADE. OF. WIN. I haven't stopped listening to this song since Wednesday. I didn't think I'd ever find a song that topped Teenage Dream or an episode that topped Never Been Kissed...but they did it this week.


Must Read:
10 commandments of social networking for writers

Gatekeeper:
Overheard at Science Fiction and Fantasy Writers of America party

GLA:
Michelle Brower: 10 tips for attending writers' conferences
Kimberly Shumate: How to create a professional submission

Jennifer Laughran:
The best time to query

Marieke's Musings:
How to write YA sci-fi with Beth Revis

Nathan Bransford:
Nine circles of writing hell

Queryshark:
#188: YA urban fantasy

Querytracker:
Agents requesting material
On beta readers

In Movies:
  • The Holiday -- Beginning was a little slow but the rest of the movie was AWESOME. I might have to buy this one. 9.5/10
In Writing:
On the to do list for my four-day weekend: finish the second pass on Burning Bridges. This could be the last major revision before I start tweaking.

Everyone have a great weekend and I'll see you on Monday!

P.S. GO BLUE! (Michigan's playing Ohio State this weekend.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week in Short

Hamilton

To All the Bookstores I've Loved Before