Week in Short


This week has been crazy. I am now convinced that the universe is on a mission to drive me more insane than I already am before the end of this month. I apologize for my complete lack of blogging this week. I will be back next week. Promise. :)

Speaking of next week, as of 12:01 this morning, there is now ONE WEEK until Deathly Hallows!

In assorted news, Darren Criss was on Glee this week (haven't yet seen the episode, I'm still on season one), Call of Duty: Black Ops came out and I still haven't managed to find someone who I can beg to let me play it, and four episodes of season one of Everwood arrived in the mail today. I'm such a nerd. :)

Song of the week:
Don't Laugh at Me by Mark Wills (I love this song so much. The video is beautiful and makes me cry every time I watch it.)

Must Read:
Quick grammar review

News:
Nathan Bransford left the world of publishing. I'm still in shock.

If you missed the Amazon debacle this week, someone self-published an e-book 'Pedophile's Guide' and Amazon refused to take it down, sparking a boycott of Amazon. The guide has since been removed.

Rick Riordan's Kane Chronicles book 2 release date has been announced.

Suzi Townsend is going on a query hiatus from November 15th to January 5th.

GLA:Joanna Volpe on why realistic teen dialogue isn't necessarily a good thing

Johnson Literary:

October query stats

Kidlit:
Is contemporary YA a tough market?
Is waiting a bad sign?

Nathan Bransford:
It was Harry Potter week at Nathan's blog in honor of Deathly Hallows impending release. :D
Which HARRY POTTER book is the best?
Five writing tips from reading HARRY POTTER
Which character is your favorite?
J.K. Rowling and the art of being a clutch writer

Rachelle Gardner:
Publishing contract clauses
Agent-client relationship

In Movies:
  • A Secret Affair -- OMG this movie. I think I felt every emotion on the spectrum watching this. And even though it's been about a week since I watched it, I haven't stopped thinking about it. 9/10
  • A Room with a View -- old British romance starring the same actress that plays Bellatrix Lestrange. Wow it's weird seeing her as anyone other than Bellatrix. 7.5/10
In Writing:
Let's just say if I win NaNo this year, it'll be a miracle. Only wrote a couple days this week total, but at least I've finally settled into ONE novel. BB's been calling to me to start working on revisions so those are continuing as well.

Everyone have a great weekend and I'll see you on Monday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week in Short

Hamilton

To All the Bookstores I've Loved Before