NaNo Kick-Off or NaNo Tip #4: Just Write

Happy First Day of NaNo! I hope everyone's stories are off to a roaring start! Before I get to my NaNo tip of the week, I have some things I want to say.

1. I saw Secretariat last night and I just want to say I LOVE that movie. Penny Chenery is my new idol. She is made of some serious awesome. And so was Secretariat, of course.

2. EIGHTEEN DAYS TILL DEATHLY HALLOWS! I already have tickets to the midnight premiere. I. Am. Such. A. Nerd.

3. I have to complete my senior duty of going on college visits this weekend. Which means I will be offline from Thursday afternoon to Sunday night. This means that there won't be a Week in Short this week.

Now...

NaNo Tip #4: Just write

The main purpose of NaNo is quantity over quality. The goal is 50,000 words in 30 days. They don't even have to be good words or make sense. You can dump in useless backstory, meander for thirty pages, spew five pages of plotless drivel if you like. The best part of NaNo is letting go of all your inhibitions and just shoveling words onto the page.

So my best advice to you is to forget everything you know about writing for now and just write whatever comes to mind. Because it doesn't have to make sense until after you get through the first draft and start putting all those words into the perfect order.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week in Short

Hamilton

To All the Bookstores I've Loved Before