RTW -- Supreme Ruler Rachael

Road Trip Wednesday is a ‘Blog Carnival,’ where YA Highway's contributors post a weekly writing- or reading-related question and answer it on our own blogs. You can hop from destination to destination and get everybody's unique take on the topic.

This Week's Topic:
If you were made supreme ruler of the publishing world (go you!), what would be your first ruling?

My first ruling would be that there are to be no less than 48 hours in a day. This would allow for the required 9 hours of sleep and still leave 39 hours left to get work done. I find this a win-win situation.

Since that's not possible without completely throwing the Earth's rotation off, my other first ruling would be to require anyone wanting to query to read and sign an agreement outlining basic querying etiquette and advice on how to write a strong query.

Comments

k said…
I agree with Kate. Win.
Heather Howland said…
I third your win. I'm all for the 48 hour day! And yes to the query law, too. I read slush and man... I'm always shocked at what comes through!
Kirsten Hubbard said…
oh my goodness would I ever love a longer day. even a few extra hours. I would manage to fill them, that's for sure.
Oh, heck yeah!!! I'm all over this one.
Leila Austin said…
48 hour days! Yes! I love this idea unbelievably.

And for the sake of interns and agents everywhere, I love the second idea too :-)
Alicia Gregoire said…
Yes, this is such a great idea! I know a few people who definitely should sign the contract.

Popular posts from this blog

Week in Short

Hamilton

To All the Bookstores I've Loved Before