Writing Wednesday

Ahhh WW. Until yesterday I was sure that I was going to have very disappointing progress to report and then it just sort of took off. Hoping the same thing happens today.

I don't have anything random to say, other than the fact that whenever I start working I usually get distracted by my masochistic desire to look at horse classifieds. I found out that my favorite horse sold, but came across a very beautiful gray Irish Draught mare. She wouldn't fit my mom's bill, but she'd be perfect for me....Anyway...

I've had a strange itch to work on Shipwrecked and her sequel lately. I'm not allowed to until I at least finish Destiny's rewrite, but Maria's starting to get bored. As much as I want to tell her and Dylan's story, I have to put it on the sidelines for now.

I've had a very lackluster writing week. I went from the writers' block of last week, to a busy weekend, to a rather severe writing depression. My best day was yesterday with 1837 words and my worst were Saturday and Sunday with 0 each.

Destiny:
Status: Coming along slowly
Last week: Polished at chapter 7 and 65,000 words
This week: Polished at chapter 7 and 69,000 words

I'm not entirely sure how I made that much progress since this is where my writing depression is the worst right now. I'm concerned that Destiny is lacking in voice. Monday I finally figured out what's wrong with my query, but I have no idea how to fix it. If anyone knows how to get voice in a query that sounds like a flat summary, please let me know. I've already gotten really close to sending out the "weird" one twice. The second time I actually opened up my 'to query' list and started to look up the submission guidelines of one of the agents, but I never followed through. Yesterday I tried out the new text to speech thingy that I installed, but I couldn't do a lot of editing with it. I was giggling too much. I'm getting close to the end though and I can almost taste it. Hopefully before I return next Wednesday, I'll be bouncing around announcing that it's done.

Assassin's Wife:
Status: Coming along slowly
Last week: 15,000 words
This week: 17,000 words

The writers' block is finally gone! I was seriously thinking about trunking this one Tuesday morning, even if it was just for a couple months. Then I got an urge to go and write this one scene that I'm really excited about, but I didn't even make it that far. Hoping the progress continues. I really like this story and I think with a partial rewrite on the beginning it could be promising.

No Kissing:
Status: Stuck hard
Last week: 11,000 words
This week: 11,000 words

I'm very seriously considering trunking this one. It's stuck hard and I can't see that changing anywhere in the near future. I know how it ends and I know how it began, but I don't know what happens in the middle. I have a rough outline, but I don't think that's how Raven wants it to happen and since she doesn't know what happens, neither do I. If I do trunk it, it'll only be temporary. A few months maybe, until Raven decides to talk to me or I'm a little less busy.

Jump:
Status: Minor writers' block
Last week: 10,000 words
This week: 10,000 words

There's no change in the recorded word count, but I did do some writing on it yesterday. Hannah's been bugging me for several days and I finally had to give in. I came up with a new plot point a couple days ago that's going to kill me to write -- it's heart-wrenching just to think about it -- but it's brilliant. If Destiny isn't the one, then Jump is probably my best shot. It may be even better than Destiny.

That's all! I'm going to go watch all the Harry Potter movies and see if I can get some writing done. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's Up Wednesday: January 15

Week in Short

New Releases: Every Day, If I Lie, Dangerous Boy