Writing Wednesday

This is going to be a short post since I haven't actually done much writing in the last week. So let's allow me to have a quick fangirl moment over horse racing.

EEK I saw Rachel Alexandra's Haskell victory last night! AMAZING! And I can't believe Mine That Bird lost the West Virginia Derby. I didn't want him to go the same way as Giacomo, but it looks like he might be headed in that direction. Gosh I hope the match between Rachel and Zenyatta happens. Who's bright idea was it to hold the Breeders' Cup on a synthetic track two years in a row anyway? Everyone root for Gangbuster in tonight's Cougar II Handicap! If he wins, I'll be on cloud nine for a year.

Sorry about that. If you didn't understand any of that, then you don't know horse racing like I do. Which very few people I know actually do... Anyway (yes I might need to start a blog for my horse racing fangirling) let's get back to what today is actually about. Now that it's August let's take a look at how last month went writing wise.

These figures aren't actually correct since I didn't start recording my numbers until the 10th, but they're close enough. The total words written was 35,000. Too bad they weren't all on the same book or I'd have half a novel. My best day was the 24th with 4,147 words. I had 5 days with 0 words.

Now let's take a look at the last week and see how my WIPs are doing.

The last week did not go at all well writing wise. I spent three days with my cousins and then went into a writing depression all day yesterday that I couldn't seem to get out of. I'm in one of those 'my work is crap, why am I even bothering?' moods. My best day was Wednesday with 3,046 words and my worst were Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday.

Destiny:
Last week's count: Polished at chapter 7 and 62,000 words
This week's count: Polished at chapter 7 and 65,000 words

I'm almost done, but every time I look at the outline and realize how much I have left to go I start dragging. This is the one my depression is worst over. It just isn't flowing like it used to and now that I'm past my deadline I can't seem to find any motivation to continue. At this point it could be another week or two before it's done. The good news is my beta came back yesterday and sent me chapter 8. I went through it and now it just needs a final polish.

There's been no change on any of my other WIPs. AW and NK are currently at risk of being trunked and I've been itching to work on Jump, but I wanted to finish Destiny first. I'm thinking about letting myself loose on Jump and seeing if that helps Destiny's writers' block much.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I have had weeks where I have not written anything! 62,000 words is amazing and the end is near, just keep repeating that lol Then you can starty querying, find an amazing agent, get your book published. Then when your signing autographs in a bookstore, you will see me fangirl squealing and bragging to everyone that you know me lol
x
GP

Popular posts from this blog

What's Up Wednesday: January 15

What's Up Wednesday: August 20

New Releases: Every Day, If I Lie, Dangerous Boy