Week in Short

You never really know how many blogs you're following until you miss three days and spend about three hours catching up.

So guess what came yesterday? HANDCUFFS! They put it in the mailbox so I've probably had it for like the last two days and didn't know. Except I'm not allowed to read it until 1984's done and that book has an annoying tendency to make me start yawning and not be able to stop. It's literally put me to sleep on a couple occasions. Not sure why, it just does. So review of Handcuffs will be coming up sometime next week. I was hoping to finish 1984 today and then read Handcuffs over the weekend, but that probably isn't going to happen because I'm spending this weekend with my sister and niece (the one that's older than me, not the little girl. Crazy, I know).

Anyway...

We had some exciting news down at TWFT this week. Kody was FINALLY able to announce who's publishing her book! Here's her official announcement! EEK CONGRATS KODY! Don't forget you have to do your journey to publication for the TWFT blog when you return from the land of no internet. :D

And Colleen Lindsay is accepting submissions again! But check this out to make sure that you qualify if you intent to query her. She's only accepting certain genres, of which mine is not included.

Must Read: Another post at Kody's blog, her guest blog by Joanna Stampfel, her very own agent!

BookEnds has a beautiful post about being true to you when you write.

GLA has an interview with Leah (I'm not going to try to write her last name for fear of butchering it), Dorchester editor of the Immortals series! *fangirl squeal*

Janet Reid has her opinion on exclusives, a post for anyone that's querying or getting ready to or might in the future.

Jodi Meadows has a couple of made-up queries she critiqued this week. Great advice on what not to do.

Nathan Bransford had another guest blog week. They were all awesome posts and here's one on working as a writer's partner and another on blurbs. Not the summary on the back or inside flap of the book that people call a blurb either.

Pimp My Novel has what the writer can do in twelve steps and a glossary of publishing terms.

Rachelle Gardner has a post on how rejection stinks for agents too.

Writer Unboxed has a wonderful post on finding your inner voice that I totally get.

YA Highway, not a blog I normally show here, has a great guest post on worldbuilding. It's not just for fantasy writers either!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's Up Wednesday: January 15

New Releases: Every Day, If I Lie, Dangerous Boy

What's Up Wednesday: August 20