Week in Short

OMG guys I'm so sorry! I've been so busy the last few days that blogging just kind of fell to the sidelines. School's starting up in two days and I'm in a last-minute rush to get everything together. Thursday I went back to school shopping, Friday I went shopping again with my cousins, and today I spent at my uncle's house.

I'll get to WiS in a sec. First some random things...

1. Monday's the season finale of Secret Life. Yes, I got sucked into that show again. Unfortunately I won't be able to watch it until Tuesday. :( I can't believe Amy and Ben and Ricky...I have a love/hate relationship with SLotAT.

2. RACHEL ALEXANDRA MADE HISTORY TODAY! Yes that deserved all caps. :D In case you don't know, Rachel is the greatest filly alive. Today she made history by becoming the first filly ever to win the Woodward Stakes against older males and did it by setting a blazing pace while under pressure and holding off Macho Again until the wire to win. Yes, I spent a good deal of time screaming and bouncing afterward. And I'm not done.

3. AW is down. Yes, I'm also suffering from withdrawal, but our wonderful twiftie friend Kody has created a site for people from the YA threads to hang out while the forum is down. That's helping. Go to her blog if you want to join us until this outage is over.

4. I'm determined to get my Nation and Confessions of a Serial Kisser reviews up on Thursday. I'm going to post Catching Fire's that day too, but as a separate post because there will probably be spoilers.

5. I bought Catching Fire, Break, and Wild Magic at the bookstore Thursday. If you don't know, Break is by Hannah Moskowitz, Catching Fire is the sequel to Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins, and Wild Magic is the first book in Tamora Pierce's Immortals quartet. If you haven't read these, GO READ THEM NOW!!!!!! Seriously, Hunger Games has the potential to knock Twilight right off my list of top five favorite series and I'm only halfway through the second book! My mom read Wild Magic in one night and is now a total Pierce fangirl (I've already read and LOVE every Tortall book she's written) and while I haven't read Break yet, I have heard good things about it.

6. Finally, I have good news and bad news. The good news is Rick Riordan has finished his next book according to his blog and it's due to be released next spring! And then he's going to work on the next Camp Half-Blood series for release winter 2010! *passes out* The bad news is the Lightning Thief movie is going to be different from the book. WHY CHRISTOPHER COLUMBUS??? I thought you were a good director that was good at following the book!

Okay now that that's over with it's time to take a look at the past week...two days late.

Must Read: This week's MR comes from a fellow twiftie whose name is already somewhere on this post. Have you figured out who it is yet? No? *sits patiently* Give up? It's Kody and her brilliant post on how the first novel is not always the first published.

Contest: MSFV is holding another Secret Agent contest! This is a big one so if you plan to enter, make sure to get yours in fast! The genres accepted this month cover young adult, middle grade, science fiction/fantasy, and paranormal romance. Begins Monday September 7th.

Blood Red Pencil has three posts on the last thing I want to think about right now: academic essays covering the components, introductions and conclusions, and body development and transitions.

Jessica at BookEnds has an interesting post on interesting conference experiences.

Pimp My Novel talked about the ten commandments of blogging. I've already broken two and four this week...

Queryshark had a double hitter this week. Here's query number one and query number two. There were actually three, but I think one of them got removed for some reason. At least the link on my blogger dashboard doesn't work.

Querytracker has some great posts on finding anything on the web. It's a two parter: part one and part two.

Comments

Emilia Plater said…
Nice post... go Rachel Alexandra! :D I have a hate/hate relationship with SLotAT. haha

Popular posts from this blog

Week in Short

Hamilton

To All the Bookstores I've Loved Before