Week in Short

*yawns* Staying up until 1 am = not my brightest idea. I have to go to bed early tonight. I have to get up at 6:30 tomorrow on purpose for the first time since I got out of school. Oh, joy.

I'm debating whether I should continue this scheduled format or not... I like TT and WW though and I don't want to cancel WiS so...it would just be Thursday that's getting changed. What do you guys think? Is there anything special you'd like to see more of, or do you like the schedule I have at the moment?

Not a lot to share this week, but here's what's going on in the blogosphere of late (besides the book cover debate that the agents have been discussing lately.)

Must Read: I got it down to one. My friend and fellow twiftie, Kristin, got an agent this week! :D Here's her report on the journey to being agented. Congrats Kristin and I look forward to seeing CoS in stores!

Agent Kristin went beyond the call of agent duty with a white water rafting trip with one of her clients.

Blood Red Pencil has some tips on using contractions in dialogue.

BookEnds Agent, Jessica has some great posts on providing feedback when rejecting, the truth about genre, how the market is doing, and submissions 101 for anyone that's new to the query process or needs a little refresher on how it works.

Kody -- another fellow twiftie -- has an interview with Hannah Moskowitz, teen author of Break which will be released in 25 days.

Queryshark had a winner on the first try this week. I'm not so sure about it, but apparently they did a lot right.

Rachelle Gardner details some lessons that can be learned from her series last week and a guest blogger has a post on how to plan a sucessful book signing.

Writer Unboxed has an awesome post on what to do if you just don't feel like writing. I'm probably going to have to reread that post and try out some of those tips today...

That's all for this week! Hope everyone has an awesome weekend and I'll be back on Monday with the fifth and final part to my beta readers series and answer a few questions from last week's part. (Yes, Celise I will get to those. ;))

Comments

Celise said…
LOL. Thanks. Checked out that Query Shark's "Winner on the first try." How awesome is that? Short but sweet. I'll have to remember that.
Shade said…
I like your schedule now; it has you posting every few days (:
Anonymous said…
Thank you, Rachael! You rock my socks! :D

Popular posts from this blog

What's Up Wednesday: January 15

College: How to Find Time to Read (for Fun)

Hamilton