RTW -- Love Your Neighbor

Road Trip Wednesday is a ‘Blog Carnival,’ where we post a weekly writing- or reading-related question. You can hop from destination to destination and get everybody's unique take on the topic.

This Week's Topic:
Which book character would you like most as a next door neighbour?

There's no way I could pick just one...

Daine from Tamora Pierce's Immortals quartet. She loves animals, she's nice, and she has wild magic.

Alec from Walter Farley's Black Stallion series. I'm not sure if I really want him as my neighbor or just his awesome racehorses, but I think it would be pretty sweet to pick his and Henry's brains about horses.

Hermione because I seriously thought we were kindred spirits when I was a kid.

Cabel from Lisa McMann's Wake series. Yeah...I know he has Jamie, but he's so cute.

Eragon and Saphira from the Inheritance Cycle. Because I think it would be awesome to have a dragonrider and his dragon living next door. Actually, I'd be fine if it was just Saphira...

Comments

Abby Stevens said…
Hermione is a GREAT choice. I don't know why I didn't think of her before! I think she and I could've been great friends if she lived next door growing up! Of course, I'd only get to see her during the summer, but still... :)
The only one of your choices that I recognize is Hermione & it seems like she would be a good choice. We could study together :D
Bailey Hammond said…
You're so right! Daine would make an awesome neighbor! But then again, so would just about any of Tamora Pierce's rough yet lovable characters! :) Great choices!
Leila Austin said…
Wow, it's been years since I read the Immortals! But Daine would be a fantastic neighbour. And useful. For a start, I'd get her to make my cats stop fighting with each other.

And fire hazard or no, a dragon next door would be completely badass. And also sure to frighten off any burglers!

Popular posts from this blog

Week in Short

Hamilton

To All the Bookstores I've Loved Before