CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

RTW -- Blurb It

Road Trip Wednesday is a ‘Blog Carnival,’ where YA Highway's contributors post a weekly writing- or reading-related question and answer it on our own blogs. You can hop from destination to destination and get everybody's unique take on the topic.

This week's prompt:
Give a blurb for your favorite book or one of your own!

Hunger Games:
"An intriguing and original mix of suspense, love, and mystery. I couldn't put it down!"

Catching Fire:
"Even better than the first! The last line still gives me chills."

Mockingjay:
"The stunning conclusion to a fabulous series. It won't disappoint."

Adoration of Jenna Fox:
"The captivating story of a girl that shouldn't be alive struggling to discover who she is. This story will stick with you long after you've turned the final page."

The Book Thief:
"A heartbreaking story of family, love, and loss in Nazi Germany. I will never look at World War 2 the same way again."

5 comments:

Marquita Hockaday said...

Wow-you should be a professional blurber :)This was amazing! The Book Thief has been on my TBR list for months now. It looks like I should def. read it now:)Great post.

Alicia Gregoire said...

Wow. Those are all really good. You could be a ghost-blurb writer.

Abby Stevens said...

I agree, these are great. And LOL @ Alicia - "ghost-blurb writer!"

:D

KO: The Insect Collector said...

All of these are really nice- I am reading Mockingjay right now, so I totally peeked, then looked away, then peeked again to make sure nothing revealing was in the blurb.

Lora said...

Awesome blurbs! Now I'm definitely curious to read these books.