CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

RTW: Alternate Universe

Road Trip Wednesday is a ‘Blog Carnival,’ where YA Highway's contributors post a weekly writing- or reading-related question and answer it on our own blogs. You can hop from destination to destination and get everybody's unique take on the topic.

This Week's Topic:
If you could live within the universe of one book, which would you choose?

I can't decide between these two, so I'm just going to list them both.

1. HOGWARTS! I started reading the Harry Potter books after my eleventh birthday so I never experienced the long hours of waiting for my Hogwarts letter except for maybe a fleeting hope that maybe it had just gotten lost in the Muggle post. I would still love to live in that world of witches and wizards. Preferably post-Voldemort era of course.

2. TORTALL! This is the country where many of Tamora Pierce's books take place and I wouldn't hesitate to move there if I could. I could move to Corus and join the Queen's Riders. I might also consider the Copper Isles, but only after Ozorne is no longer emperor. They do have one of the largest libraries there.

Which universe would you choose?

1 comments:

Erin said...

I'm not familiar with the second one, but I totally agree with the first! I went to the Harry Potter theme park at Universal Studios this year and loved it! If the real deal existed? Sign me up!