RTW - Tattoo Homage

Road Trip Wednesday is a "Blog Carnival," where YA Highway's contributors post a weekly writing- or reading-related question and answer it on our own blogs. You can hop from destination to destination and get everybody's unique take on the topic.

This week's question is:
What tattoo would you get to pay homage to a favorite book or celebrate the success of your own?

This week's question was a really tough one for me. I don't have any tattoos. On don't plan on getting any tattoos in the near future. I have nothing against them. I like tattoos. But on other people. I'll write on my hands and arms as much as the next person, but at the end of the day all that washes off. I'm not so sure about painfully dying my skin cells so that I can have a picture that lasts my entire life. So everything that follows is hypothetical and probably will never happen.

The only tattoo I've ever actually considered getting is of a little gray horse with angel wings with Lady in calligraphy underneath. I might actually have that one someday, but I'm not sure where. I'd want it somewhere I can see though, so probably not on the back of my shoulder.

If I wanted to celebrate the success of my own book, I'm not sure what I would do. Most likely I would choose a favorite and particularly powerful line or symbol from the book. With Jump, I think it would be a ledge. With Double-Crossed, since the characters have tattoos, I would probably choose my favorite of the tattoos and get that one somewhere. They have them on the inside of their palms, so maybe on the inside or back of my wrist.

Comments

Kate Hart said…
A horse seems fitting for you! :)
Kaitlin Ward said…
A horse would be beautiful.
I agree, a horse sounds just right for you. A ledge would be really interesting, too. That's the kind of thing people would ask about, I'd think.

Popular posts from this blog

Week in Short

Hamilton

To All the Bookstores I've Loved Before