Compromising

No Road Trip Wednesday for me today. The question of the week is what photos inspire your books. I don't actually have any photos that inspire my books so I can't really do it... Make sure you go to YA Highway and check out everyone else's book-inspiring pictures though!

So today I'm going to blog about compromising and rewards. Or maybe I was just trying to figure out how to incorporate my new obsession into a blog post without just fangirling about it. *shrugs*

My new obsession is Doctor Who, a British sci-fi television show that's been on TV for I don't know how long now.

And it is AWESOME.

What does that have to do with compromising? Well, if I want to watch Doctor Who all the time, I'm not writing. So today I came up with a compromise.

Every time my video of Doctor Who freezes, I have to pause it and write 100 words. It's a win-win situation. I have something to do while I wait for the video to catch up, and I still get writing done. So far, it's working.

This doesn't just work for Doctor Who and writing. If there's something you love that's taking away from your writing/homework/etc time, make a compromise. For every five math problems you complete, you get five minutes of internet time. Things like that. And you'll be surprised by how much you get done.

Now I have to run. I'm actually writing this post at 10:30 at night and I want to watch episode four before I go to bed. =D

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week in Short

Hamilton

To All the Bookstores I've Loved Before