RTW -- Hope to be Writing

Road Trip Wednesday is a ‘Blog Carnival,’ where YA Highway's contributors post a weekly writing- or reading-related question that begs to be answered. In the comments, you can hop from destination to destination and get everybody's unique take on the topic.

This week's topic: 
What do you hope to be writing in one year? Three? Five?

This is a really tough question. I love writing YA and I'm always getting new ideas. I know that I want to keep writing over the years, but what is a tricky thing. I don't plan to leave the YA market, but you never know. If I came across the right adult or MG idea, I might be willing to give it a shot.

I love the YA genre. Books really got me through high school and the idea of teenagers reading my books thrills me to no end. I love the "first" experiences that high school can bring and the way it changes characters and their lives.

I also seriously want to write something New Adult. College is brimming with potential characters and plot lines. I'd love to explore a few of them. 

At some point I'm going to have to start writing research papers and -- with any luck -- a dissertation. I don't know how much time there'll be for fiction writing in five years.

I don't know what I'll be writing in five years, three years, or even one year, but I do know that I'll be writing.

Comments

Laura said…
Yikes, scary question. I'm with you: I don't know just what I'll be writing, but I want to be writing something. I mean, who can predict what will happen in 1, 2, 3, or 5 years? I'll be 25 in 5 years. That's a little terrifying.

Popular posts from this blog

Week in Short

Hamilton

To All the Bookstores I've Loved Before