Writing Wednesday

I'm so tired right now. I was up until 1 am last night on half a can of chocolate frosting and a bottle of Sierra Mist. I had an all night write planned, but it didn't happen. First it was writers' block and then I started looking at horses for sale in my area and found one that would be perfect for me and my mom. If we only had $2,800.

I've been a bad person lately not posting on Friday and Monday. I developed an obsession with an old TV show that's as old as I am, the Nanny. I watched all six seasons in four days. They just don't make shows that good anymore. It's also on for one hour at 11 pm EST on Nick at Nite every night.

My new TV obsession is Secret Life of the American Teenager, but I'm all caught up on that show and looking forward to the new episode Monday. I won't be able to see it until Tuesday unless my mom goes out though. She hates that show even though she's never even seen it. The season premiere -- which came out Monday and I watched yesterday -- was amazing. I should've stopped after the last season, but I couldn't. And now I'm hooked again.

And we have some AMAZING news! Normally I would save news like this for Friday, but I can't wait that long. My twiftie friend Kody and her first book, The Duff, were talked about on Janet Reid's blog! You can read that here. Congrats Kody!

And finally you probably noticed that I changed my blog layout. I was getting bored with the boring purple one and found this awesome layout courtesy of pyzam.com. Unfortunately, getting a new layout deleted all my widgets so I had to redo them. The site roll is all updated with some awesome links and I also updated my 'Current Read' box. I didn't bother to replace the WIP box from the old layout, but I do have some plans for something else like it in the future.

****

That's all my news so I'll move on to writing.

Andra - The rewrite is stuck. I'm still on chapter 11 with no sign of when I'm going to continue. Polishing has reached chapter four; I'm probably going to do that tonight. My beta has chapter five.

Shipwrecked and Black Diamond - I'm getting pretty close to breaking down and starting the rewrite on these two, just to have something to do.

Assassin's Wife - Coming along slowly. I finally broke down and checked the word count (I'm keeping it hidden because after Andra was done I started to get obsessed with making word count. And once that started, I couldn't get to 50k for anything.) It stood at 10k that day, which is a little disappointing. The story is progressing rather fast and I'm thinking I might need to slow it down a little to make word count. I was hoping this might be my first 75,000 word novel since I might be aiming for adults rather than teens like I normally write.

No Kissing and Jump - Both are on hold. Unless I get a sudden burst of inspiration it's probably going to stay that way until AW is done.

Untitled - A little idea that's been buzzing around my head. I'm thinking I might write it for myself. No one but me will ever read it and I'm not going to report on its progress. Just because writing is slowly starting to lose it's fun factor. I'm too worried about people liking it and making word count and whether it's good. But this would just be for me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's Up Wednesday: January 15

College: How to Find Time to Read (for Fun)

NaNo Week One Update