What's New Monday - October 15, 2018

Curious. I definitely wrote a post for last Monday but it seems to still be in my drafts. Autumn is coming on quickly. It's cold outside and the heat is on in the house and the leaves are changing colors. I still haven't had my apple cider but I did have my first pumpkin latte last weekend so all is not lost. I love fall but I can already smell the snow.

What I'm Reading: 
I ended up DNFing When I Am Through With You because I just wasn't connecting with the characters. Instead, I read Dust Girl by Sarah Zettel. It was a nice quick read but struck me as more middle grade in feel than young adult.

I also picked up Dread Nation by Justina Ireland from the bookstore and adored it. I'm not usually one for zombie novels but if this is the last one I ever read (okay, last series because I desperately need that sequel) that's fine with me. The concept is great, the execution is even better, and the characters are all well-rounded and fascinating.

The last week I spent with Leigh Bardugo's Wonder Woman: Warbringer. I'm not a big comics person but I firmly believe that Wonder Woman is the only decent movie in the DCEU and I love Leigh Bardugo so I was very enthusiastic about this one. It was a solid book and I particularly adored Diana, the other main character, Alia, and her best friends, Theo and Nim. Precious cinnamon rolls, the lot of them.

Next up: Darius the Great is Not Okay by Adib Khorram. 

What I'm Writing: 
A Thousand Miles is making progress in leaps and bounds. I'm up over 30k now and I'm already in the final leg. I historically have a tendency towards bare bones first drafts so it doesn't really surprise me.

What I'm Listening to: 
I finished all three seasons of The Magnus Archives in the last two weeks and now I'm stuck in the unfortunate position of waiting for season four like everyone else. I'm not usually one for horror and this one has me a bit rattled, but the characters are great, the stories are engrossing, and everything twists and twines into everything else in the most delicious way. I'm definitely in for a relisten before the new season starts in January. 

What I'm Watching: 
I don't have a lot of TV shows that I follow anymore, for various reasons, so This is Us and The Good Place on the regular. The Flash returned last week but I haven't been able to watch the premiere yet. I'm trying to set aside some time to get back to watching Psych for the first time. I've been on the start of season five for about six months now. It's also October and I haven't done my annual Veronica Mars rewatch yet.

What's new with you all?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's Up Wednesday: January 15

College: How to Find Time to Read (for Fun)

Hamilton