What's New Monday - October 1, 2018

Can someone please explain to me how it can possibly be October 1 already? Wasn't New Year's, like, last week?

What I'm Reading: 
I just finished The Pros of Cons by Alison Cherry, Lindsay Ribar, and Michelle Shusterman. It was a super sweet read with some A+ female friendships, diverse love interests, and a healthy dose of fandom fun. Now I'm reading When I Am Through With You by Stephanie Kuehn.

What I'm Writing: 
I'm currently in the process of writing a new project--my first since I wrote LP in college. It's YA fantasy told from a dual perspective set in the same world as LP. The two characters are polar opposites and I love both of them very much. I'm a little over 20k into the first draft and very excited about it.

What I'm Listening to: 
One of the perks of my job is that I get to listen to podcasts all day. I recently finished Wolf-359 and highly, highly recommend it to anyone that wants a sci-fi serial podcast with a great plot, laughs, and more than a few heart-wrenching moments. That ending, ya'll. By the time this post goes live, I've probably started The Magnus Archives as it's the only thing my wife has listened to in about three weeks and even though horror isn't really my thing, I need to meet these characters.

What I'm Watching: 
This is Us and The Good Place returned last week! I've adored the last two seasons of The Good Place and I can't wait to see where this new one takes us. I've also been listening to as many of the pre-season Red Wings games as I possibly can and letting myself dream for this season. The regular season starts this week so I guess we'll see. 
 
What's new with you all? 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's Up Wednesday: January 15

What's Up Wednesday: August 20

New Releases: Every Day, If I Lie, Dangerous Boy