Every Day Review

Every Day
by David Levithan
Every morning, A wakes in a different person’s body, a different person’s life. There’s never any warning about where it will be or who it will be. A has made peace with that, even established guidelines by which to live: Never get too attached. Avoid being noticed. Do not interfere.

It’s all fine until the morning that A wakes up in the body of Justin and meets Justin’s girlfriend, Rhiannon. From that moment, the rules by which A has been living no longer apply. Because finally A has found someone he wants to be with—day in, day out, day after day.

This book is so beautiful and original and fantastic. If I didn't have classes, I would probably have read it all in one sitting. The end broke my heart. I probably would've been crying my eyes out if my roommate hadn't been sitting in the same room as me. I didn't even know what to do with myself after I finished it.

I love A and Rhiannon. And even though the ending broke my heart, it still felt so right.


Also, Book Thief mention for the win. 

Overall: 10/10 I seriously love David Levithan's books but I think this one might be my favorite yet of the ones I've read. 

Comments

Nickie said…
This sounds really good! I recently read a book with a somewhat similar concept called 'Doppelganger'. It's a bout a shapeshifter who has to take people's bodies every few months, so he tries not to get too attached to their lives.

If this is a tear-jerker, though, I'll have to be sure to read it when my husband's not around, otherwise he'll think I've gone crazy (I'm a mess when I cry!) Thanks for the recommendation.

Popular posts from this blog

Week in Short

Hamilton

To All the Bookstores I've Loved Before