RTW: Hated and Loved Words

Road Trip Wednesday is a ‘Blog Carnival,’ where YA Highway's contributors post a weekly writing- or reading-related question and answer it on our own blogs. You can hop from destination to destination and get everybody's unique take on the topic.

This Week's Topic:
What words do you absolutely hate? Which ones do you adore?

Like Kody, I also hate the word "panties." I'm not a big fan of the word "moist" either. I don't even like thinking it as I'm writing this post. I also hate the word "loins." I flinch whenever someone says it in a movie or on TV.

I love the word "merge." Say it out loud; it sounds funny. When I was younger, my favorite word was "antidisestablishmentarianism" (which I just finally managed to spell correctly for the first time ever without looking). Part of it's appeal was at the time I believed it to be the longest word in the world (it's not by a long shot).

Comments

Jaime Morrow said…
I agree, 'moist' and 'loins' are both disgusting. And now that I've typed them in the same sentence, I'm kind of horrified.

It's funny that you mentioned 'antidisestablismentarianism' because I just heard it used in a movie the other day :-)
Colin Smith said…
I remember when I was young being proud about knowing "antidisestablishmentarianism." It is a cool word, even if it's not the longest. :)
Crystal said…
Ugh, loins. A lot of my least favorite words are used in descriptions of meat, and all I can think of is how disgusting the phrase "moist pork loins" is. Yuck.

Popular posts from this blog

Week in Short

Hamilton

To All the Bookstores I've Loved Before