CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, January 20, 2012

The Fault in Our Stars Review

The Fault in Our Stars
by John Green

Diagnosed with Stage IV thyroid cancer at 12, Hazel was prepared to die until, at 14, a medical miracle shrunk the tumours in her lungs... for now.

Two years post-miracle, sixteen-year-old Hazel is post-everything else, too; post-high school, post-friends and post-normalcy. And even though she could live for a long time (whatever that means), Hazel lives tethered to an oxygen tank, the tumours tenuously kept at bay with a constant chemical assault.

Enter Augustus Waters. A match made at cancer kid support group, Augustus is gorgeous, in remission, and shockingly to her, interested in Hazel. Being with Augustus is both an unexpected destination and a long-needed journey, pushing Hazel to re-examine how sickness and health, life and death, will define her and the legacy that everyone leaves behind.

This is one of those books that I waited years for without realizing it. Ever since I read Paper Towns a few years ago, I've hoped that Green would write a book featuring a female character. When I found out that my wish was coming true, I was so excited. Then when I found out it would be signed, I actually screamed. I couldn't stop smiling when I opened the package and the book was in my hands.

And I will say, it was well worth the wait. I expected pure brilliance and that is what I got.

0 comments: