CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, August 20, 2014

What's Up Wednesday: August 20

What's Up Wednesday is a weekly blog hop created by Jaime Morrow and Erin Funk to help writers stay in touch.

What I'm Reading: 
Beta reading for a friend at the moment and that's it. Most of the books I want to read are currently packed away in preparation to take them with me back to school. Hopefully something will catch my attention once I'm there.

What I'm Writing: 
This is the worst writing month I've had all year, but I'm still making some progress on LP. I'm at a major turning point in the story so once I get through this rough patch, it should be easier from there. I tend to write quickly when I reach climactic points and I'm really excited about this one.

What Inspires Me: 
I'm feeling pretty uninspired at the moment.

What Else I've Been Up To: 
I took the GRE last week and just got my official scores today. I didn't do as well as I hoped and that's got me worried, but there isn't much I can do about that now. Time to focus on packing up all of my stuff so I can move back to uni. It's amazing how much stuff gets spread around the house after four months. Can't believe this is going to be my last year! 

Have a great week everyone! And if anyone else is headed back to school in the next couple of weeks, good luck!

8 comments:

Victoria Davenport said...

Yay for beta reading, but boo for no writing. I am having a hard time writing lately, but hoping it will wear off soon. That is the same thing for me! I am stuck in the middle, writing military training etc. and having a hard time with it. Once I get to the big points, it'll pick right back up. Good luck and have a great week :)

Elodie said...

Some writing weeks are better than others! :-) And yay for beta reading! Hope you have a great week!

Miss Cole said...

Enjoy the beta reading, and don't worry too much about the writing. The urge to do so will return :)

T. Drecker said...

Good luck in getting everything back together for school! And don't worry about the writing. That always comes and goes--sometimes more, sometimes less. :)

Melanie Stanford said...

Summer is such a hard time for writing I find. It's easier to get back in the groove of things in the fall. For me anyway- I don't have school to start like you do! Good luck!

Emma Adams said...

Hope you get your inspiration back soon! Have a great week! :)

Melanie Crouse said...

Good luck with the move back to school and with getting over this slow patch. Have a fantastic week!

Kris F. Oliver said...

Ugh! Standardized tests are the worst. And they really say nothing about a person's intelligence or abilities. I had to slog through the GRE too and it was painful and annoying. Don't worry too much about your score though.

And consider this no writing time as a much needed break for your brain. You'll come back to it with your batteries recharged and set your keyboard on fire. :)