What's Up Wednesday: July 9

What's Up Wednesday is a weekly blog hop created by Jaime Morrow and Erin Funk to help writers stay in touch.
What I'm Reading: 
Over halfway through Horse Boy. I've also been doing a lot of reading on the GRE because I'm supposed to be taking that in the next month.

What I'm Writing: 
LP hit 25k this week. My MC and LI finally kissed and that was a lot of fun to write. I also had one of those "Eureka!" moments while I was out walking the other day where I figured out a plot issue that I've been having. The scene involved is still a long way off but it's nice to know where I'm going.


What Inspires Me: 
I've seen a fair number of show jumping rounds but nothing like this. Conrad's bridle falls off on the third to last fence and not only do they finish the course, but they jump clear (no poles down).

What Else I've Been Up To: 
Cleaning. Lots and lots of cleaning. I'm going to have company over in a week and a half so I'm trying to get the house ship-shape for when they get here. There's a lot to be done and not a lot of time to do it but the house is looking better already. 

Comments

ELAdams said…
Great job on hitting 25K and on the inspiration! I love moments like that.
WOW- I couldn't make that jump with bridle intact. Pretty amazing stuff! Have a great week reading and writing!
Miss Cole said…
Congratulations on hitting on 25k :D
Raven M said…
Congrats on reaching 25K! And for figuring out a plot issue. That's awesome!

And yay for kissing scenes! I can't wait to my MC and LI get to kiss but I'm so far away from that scene.

Good luck with the GRE! I'm going to be studying for that in the near future.

Have a good week!
SF said…
I am extremely allergic to horses, and so know almost next to nothing about this, but WOW is it great how horse and rider maintain composure there. I hear you with the cleaning for company...we can do this! :/

Wishing you a great writing week!
Anonymous said…
Oh, I sympathize with the house cleaning. This place needs a lot of work. Somehow or other, when I have to choose between housework and writing, writing nearly always wins. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Week in Short

Hamilton

To All the Bookstores I've Loved Before