RTW: Most Surprising Read

Road Trip Wednesday is a ‘Blog Carnival,’ where YA Highway's contributors post a weekly writing- or reading-related question that begs to be answered. In the comments, you can hop from destination to destination and get everybody's unique take on the topic.
  
This Week: 
What's been your most surprising read of the year so far---the book you weren't sure about going in that really swept you off your feet?

This is a tricky one because I haven't really had any books this year that I wasn't sure about sweeping me off my feet. 

The books that have surprised me the most this year are A Clash of Kings and A Storm of Swords because I was expecting insanity, but not that level of insanity. It's been a few months now and I'm still recovering from the events of Swords. Kings was the first book I have ever physically thrown across the room (I love my books too much for throwing) and Swords is the first book I have ever physically thrown across the room multiple times. 

Don't get me wrong, I adored both of them and A Feast for Crows is one of the next books on my to-buy list. I'm not sure what I was expecting, but I got all of that and so much more. 

Comments

Chris Desson said…
George R.R. Martin's Swords books, right? I've heard fantastic things about them and actually plan to give them a try after I get through the stack of book on my nightstand. I have four to go until I get there, if you count Lord of the Rings as one book (Six if you don't). :)
Anonymous said…
You're not the first person I've heard describe those books as insane. I've never read them, but it sounds like reading them would be something like entering a love-hate relationship? :)
Stephanie Allen said…
I read Swords last summer, and I still haven't been able to recover. And I probably won't any time soon, because the next episode of the TV show is...well...THAT episode.

Why do we do these things to ourselves? :)

Popular posts from this blog

What's Up Wednesday: January 15

College: How to Find Time to Read (for Fun)

Hamilton