CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

RTW -- Deserted Island Writer Getaway

Been watching movies on Netflix since I got home tonight and almost forgot to post. I was really excited about this topic, too...

Road Trip Wednesday is a "Blog Carnival," where YA Highway's contributors post a weekly writing- or reading-related question and answer it on our own blogs. You can hop from destination to destination and get everybody's unique take on the topic.

This Week's Topic:
You're packing for a month on a deserted island. What, as a reader and writer, must be in your backpack?

So counting out everything that I wouldn't use specifically as a reader and writer...
  1. My laptop. Because I could never write without it, even on a deserted island.
  2. Portable solar panels and a cord to power my laptop because it has serious battery issues and needs to be constantly on the charger. So I wouldn't even be able to leave the solar panels at camp to hike upriver to write at the top of the waterfall. (I think I'm getting a little too in-depth now...)
  3. Several crates of books. Because I refuse to start reading books on my computer (unless they're beta reads) so I'm going to need something to read.
  4. Several crates of root beer. I don't think this one really requires an explanation...
  5. A light to read by when I can't read by the light of the moon.
  6. A katana. For self-defense and also to practice epic battle scenes in the middle of the night.

5 comments:

Kaitlin Ward said...

Everyone was so creative in thinking of ways they could make bringing their laptops work, and I lazily decided, screw a computer, I'll use notebooks LOL.

Erinn said...

Kaitlin is right, everyone has a creative way to power their laptops.

great list.

You mean you can't read by the faint light of the moon, you don't have owl vision. Bummer :-)

Kate Hart said...

I don't know what a katana is, so maybe I should bring you as my body guard!

Alicia Gregoire said...

I think I was the only person who didn't include weaponry. (That's because of Incredibly Hot Everyman. He'd be able to make a machete from a tree trunk - he's *that* good.)

Abby Stevens said...

A crate of root beer sounds awesome! But only if it's A&W... ;)