Writing, School and Horses

Hi I'm Horserider!

I love to read and write. My favorite genre is fantasy, but I'll read almost anything. Except horror. My favorite authors are J.K. Rowling, Stephenie Meyer, Tamora Piece, Erin Hunter, Rick Riordan, and Anne McCaffrey. I do love Twilight and Harry Potter and I have also seen all the movies. I've written one novel so far. Once I finish this edit, it should be a little less than 350 pages. It was the first novel I ever finished and someday I hope to publish it. It's on the second edit at the moment which I hope to finish sometime this weekend.

I am in 10th grade and it is HARD. Well not really, but I have this one class called Entrepreneur Class where we're preparing for Entrepreneur Day, which is when we sell things that we make to the students. Well, my mom originally told me that I couldn't do it because we're broke, but my teacher thought we were doing okay with the project. So yesterday, I told her what my mom had said (I'd told her it before and her response was "I'll pay for it" and I didn't want that happening again) and she told me "okay, we'll figure something out. Maybe you can work in the school store" which I wouldn't mind that much. It really stressed me out for a couple months.

I also love horses. I like to ride english and western and I love dressage and jumping. I had a rocky start to my riding career due to a bad trainer at my first lesson stable (long story) where I originally rode hunter/jumper only. Then I had to move to a stable that taught both english and western, but only on the flat. There I got my confidence in riding back, learned to canter properly, and even boarded my very first horse. Her name was Lady and I bought her a couple years ago. At the time she had a foal at her side, which they weaned the week after we bought her. She wouldn't canter for us (though she would for her owner) and she had the SMOOTHEST jog I've ever ridden. We had a lot of issues with her over the year, she started bucking at the canter (not very hard) and she had the roughest canter ever. However overall she was a wonderful horse and as we worked on her canter she got smoother. Unfortunately, we had to euthanize her for colic last June. I haven't gotten another horse because we really can't afford one. Apparently we managed to drive ourselves so deep in debt with Lady that it's going to take us at least a year to get out. When I can drive though, I'd love to get a job and try to buy another horse.

Comments

Emily Cross said…
Hi Sheryl,

How are you?

i’m sorry to bother you, but I’ve recently started up a community forum for writers called the The Writer’s Chronicle(mainly for those who blog) where we can meet and discuss all that is writing with other ‘online’ writers. Also with the recent addition of some published author members we have decided to set up a section to support published writers and help them promote themselves and their books - as we all know how hard it is to get published and how its even harder to get a large readership!

I know this email is out of the blue, but i was hoping that you might drop in and take a look around and perhaps join if your interested?

I’d greatly appreciate it,

thanks

Emily Cross

Here is the link: http://thewriterschronicle.forumotion.net/

P.S. I love horese too :)
Emily Cross said…
Sorry, i don't know why but i thought that was your name lol

Popular posts from this blog

What's Up Wednesday: January 15

What's Up Wednesday: August 20

New Releases: Every Day, If I Lie, Dangerous Boy