What's New Monday - October 22

We seem to be dangerously close to skipping right over autumn and straight into winter. Otherwise known as just another October in the Midwest.

What I'm Reading: 
I finished Darius the Great is Not Okay by Adib Khorram over the course of a couple afternoons. It's a very heartfelt book about an Iranian-American boy going to Iran and meeting his family there for the first time, while dealing with depression and coming of age.

I spent a good chunk of the week with Mirage by Somaiya Daud and loved that as well. The worldbuilding is absolutely gorgeous, the characters well-rounded, and the love interest...well, I might be in love with him.

I've barely started Pride by Ibi Zoboi.

What I'm Writing: 
A Thousand Miles is still flowing well. I'm a little worried that the first draft is going to be under 50k but I'm sure I'll find plenty of room to expand in the next one.

What I'm Listening to: 
I mostly got caught up on everything Critical Role this week because I fell behind while binging Magnus Archives. I'm so in love with this show and these characters and Matt's world. I did listen to the first season of Limetown and found it enjoyable but was not in love with it.

What I'm Watching: 
Still This is Us and The Good Place and a little bit of Psych. I desperately need to set aside some time for the Charmed reboot and the new season of Doctor Who (I rage-quit this show at the beginning of series eight but I really want to give Jodie Whittaker and Moffat-free Who a chance). 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's Up Wednesday: January 15

What's Up Wednesday: August 20

New Releases: Every Day, If I Lie, Dangerous Boy